Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Learning As I Go

We now have the assignment to create a detailed timeline for completing our project. To do this, I looked back at the timeline that I included in  my proposal. I am pleased to say that I am ahead of this timeline. I did not put in as many hours as I thought I would have, but I have completed more of the desk than I predicted. This is partly because I started building my desk the second time I met with Dr. Huminski in his workshop. Instead of first learning basic carpentry skills and then building the desk, I have learned these skills as I work. At first, Dr. Huminski had to be more involved in the building process, watching me closely. Now that the I have learned and practiced the basic skills, he can tell me to do a process and I work on it alone and ask questions if i need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment